Commission on Ministry
POLICIES AND CRITERIA
FOR THE ORDER OF MINISTRY
CHRISTIAN CHURCH IN OHIO
(DISCIPLES OF CHRIST)
Approved by Regional Church Council
28 October 2017
The Commission on Ministry of the Christian Church in Ohio is a standing committee of laypersons, ordained and licensed ministers. Their purpose is:
- To offer guidance, encouragement and support to inquirers who are exploring the call into ministry.
- To offer guidance, encouragement and support of candidates seeking ordination.
- To offer guidance, encouragement and support to Licensed Ministers (pastors who have not been to seminary and are not seeking ordination).
- To provide oversight to the process of investigation of unethical conduct by ordained or licensed ministers in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Ohio.
- To provide oversight to the process of Ohio United Church of Christ clergy seeking Ordained Ministerial Partner Standing.
- To provide oversight to the process of granting standing to clergy ordained within other denominations.
To inquire about any of the categories above, to request more information, or to schedule an appointment, contact Rev. Chris McCreight , Chair of the Ohio Commission on Ministry at COM@ccinoh.org.