Ohio Women's Ministries
Follow Ohio Women's Ministries on Social Media!
SAVE THE DATE!
September 7th, 2024
Ohio Women's Ministries Fall Retreat
Ohio Women’s Ministries
MEMO from 2019
TO: All Ohio Women
SUBJECT: OWM REBOOT/PLANNING MEETING
FROM: 2019 Ohio Women’s Ministries Planning Meeting
MEETING DATE: October 26, 2019
The meeting opened with a welcome by Dr. Patricia Brown, followed by prayer from Rev. Dr. Pamela Barnes-Jackson.
Dr. Patricia Brown led the group in an ice breaker activity, after which everyone stood and introduced themselves.
The purpose of the meeting and a video from Rev. Dr. Pat Donahoo, Disciples of Christ home office in Indianapolis were discussed and led to further discussion on “Where does Ohio Women’s Ministries go from here”.
- Need a way to communicate with the women in the state to get the word out when there are activities or opportunities in which they are able to participate with other women in and outside of Ohio for training, study and other means that encourage our growth and walk with Christ.
- Need more involvement from younger women.
WHAT ARE WE DOING IN OUR CHURCHES THAT IS WORKING?
- Group bible study using Just Women Magazine or independent studies.
- Circles who craft for fundraising, make prayer shawls, blankets, jewelry and many other crafting interests.
- Collecting blankets, bras, and other kits that are sent out of the country or distributed locally.
- Providing space for a community garden, collecting backpacks and school supplies for children who need them.
- Feeding the hungry by providing meals and holiday baskets. Also providing funeral meals for bereaved families.
- Marilyn Bolen contacted someone who has agreed to develop a Facebook page for OWM.
- April 18 or 25, 2020 will be the date for a one-day women’s conference to KICKOFF/REBOOT/ REVIVE OWM.
- United Theological Seminary in Dayton and Central Christian Church in Kettering are the tentative locations being explored. Rev. Dr. Pamela Barnes-Jackson and Rev. Dr. Betty Green are checking the locations for availability.
PLEASE WATCH FOR COMMUNICATIONS VIA EMAIL AND ON THE
FACE BOOK PAGE FOR UPCOMING CONFERENCE & PLANNING MEETING DATES.
For a copy of the Ohio Women's Ministries Commission, click here: COMMISSION
For a copy of the Ohio Women's Ministries job descriptions, click here: JOBS