Ohio Women's Ministries
Follow Ohio Women's Ministries on Social Media!
OHIO WOMEN'S MINISTRIES
SEPTEMBER 10TH AT CAMP CHRISTIAN
The Retreat Committee has planned an exciting and informative day for you this year. We are planning a full Saturday where we will join in fellowship, learning, and worship. Optional Friday night lodging at Camp available as well.
We are extremely excited and look forward to seeing friends from all over Ohio!
Featuring Keynote Speaker, Rev. Kara Swartz
Co-Minister, Central Christian Church, Newark
Rev. Kara Swartz has recently returned to the Region of Ohio from North Carolina. While serving in NC she was able to be a keynote speaker for DWM/CWF events and retreats throughout NC, regionally and locally. With focuses on Prayer, Embracing the Changes of our World, Communication, and a plethora of other topics she has also taken these conversations to workshops, ecumenical groups, and other ages and dynamics in the Region. In a different direction she also serves as a Camp Keynoter for Just Say Know Ministry and has served for the last 9 years speaking to rising 9th graders all over the country each summer. She is looking forward to the prayerful conversations and possibilities sure to be had when we gather on September 10th at Camp Christian.
OWM Service Project
The International Disciples Women’s Ministries Is encouraging the 2022-2023 Service Project’s to form relationships with local domestic violence shelters in the region and find tangible resources to donate on a quarterly basis. Please see the Service Project PDF (linked HERE) received from the home office. Please bring your donations and if you have a domestic violence shelter your group assists it maybe selected to receive the OWM resources and donations we gather. Please submit the agency for consideration. All groups will be considered and the selection announced at the retreat.
Download the above linked documents for the
registration and detailed information for the retreat.
Ohio Women’s Ministries
MEMO from 2019
TO: All Ohio Women
SUBJECT: OWM REBOOT/PLANNING MEETING
FROM: 2019 Ohio Women’s Ministries Planning Meeting
MEETING DATE: October 26, 2019
The meeting opened with a welcome by Dr. Patricia Brown, followed by prayer from Rev. Dr. Pamela Barnes-Jackson.
Dr. Patricia Brown led the group in an ice breaker activity, after which everyone stood and introduced themselves.
The purpose of the meeting and a video from Rev. Dr. Pat Donahoo, Disciples of Christ home office in Indianapolis were discussed and led to further discussion on “Where does Ohio Women’s Ministries go from here”.
- Need a way to communicate with the women in the state to get the word out when there are activities or opportunities in which they are able to participate with other women in and outside of Ohio for training, study and other means that encourage our growth and walk with Christ.
- Need more involvement from younger women.
WHAT ARE WE DOING IN OUR CHURCHES THAT IS WORKING?
- Group bible study using Just Women Magazine or independent studies.
- Circles who craft for fundraising, make prayer shawls, blankets, jewelry and many other crafting interests.
- Collecting blankets, bras, and other kits that are sent out of the country or distributed locally.
- Providing space for a community garden, collecting backpacks and school supplies for children who need them.
- Feeding the hungry by providing meals and holiday baskets. Also providing funeral meals for bereaved families.
- Marilyn Bolen contacted someone who has agreed to develop a Facebook page for OWM.
- April 18 or 25, 2020 will be the date for a one-day women’s conference to KICKOFF/REBOOT/ REVIVE OWM.
- United Theological Seminary in Dayton and Central Christian Church in Kettering are the tentative locations being explored. Rev. Dr. Pamela Barnes-Jackson and Rev. Dr. Betty Green are checking the locations for availability.
PLEASE WATCH FOR COMMUNICATIONS VIA EMAIL AND ON THE
FACE BOOK PAGE FOR UPCOMING CONFERENCE & PLANNING MEETING DATES.
For a copy of the Ohio Women's Ministries Commission, click here: COMMISSION
For a copy of the Ohio Women's Ministries job descriptions, click here: JOBS