Vision & Mission
VALUES AND SEEDS OF VISION
A covenant network of congregations in mission:
We are the body of Christ gifted and called in covenant together as Disciples of Christ
to be centers of transformation on the new mission frontier of our communities.
Strengthening Relationships and Building Networks
Congregational Transformation and Evangelism
In covenant together, we are gifted and called to become a true community, by;
- Building trust through open clear communication.
- Listening to one another's hopes and dreams.
- Caring for one another in times of joy and pain.
- Sharing our transforming experiences of Jesus Christ with our communities around us.
- Maintaining the highest level of ethical integrity.
- Helping to network our congregations effective ministries with one another.
- Offering up assistance in discerning the gifts, calling , and unique mission opportunities of each other, and facilitate leader development and educational opportunities.
- Finding ways to empower gifts of individuals, establishing clergy and laity as mission team leaders, and equipping them with the resources to do ministry.
- Taking advantage of the best communication tools available as they develop.
Because we are centers for transformation, striving to embody deep Christian Spirituality and seeking communion we will;
- Center our life together around the Lord's table, affirming its power to bring God's children together in unity and diversity.
- Focus on vital, engaged worship in its variety of forms and in all of our gatherings.
- Develop growing faith through training, mentoring and service in congregations.
- Engage stewardship in priorities and planning.
- Create mission experiences as opportunities for spiritual growth.
- Strive for openness to the work of the Holy Spirit encouraging innovation and pioneering.
On a new mission frontier, led by a passion for justice, we will;
- Be an anti-racist, pro-reconciling church, continue to grow in faithfulness to the Gospel.
- Value local mission as inseparable from evangelism.
- Re-establish evangelism as a primary calling, in affirmation that our faith is desperately needed by the peopleof our communities.
- Hold each other accountable to Christ's Great Commission to bear the Gospel in our world with integrity andauthenticity.
- Commit to the inclusion of all people, without exception, in the life, functioning , and governance of the church.