Click HERE for a letter from the Visiting Regional Ministers in regards to updated recommendations for in person worship – November 23, 2020
As a regional body, we know that congregational life and mission are stronger when we support one another in prayer and in action.
This is an opportunity for churches to share what we are learning or what we have already successfully implemented in this time of social distancing.
Here are examples throughout the state of churches that are responding with new forms of connection during this unique time for ministry.
CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF CONGREGATIONS THAT ARE DOING ONLINE
VIDEO SERVICES AND POSTINGS
Congregational Resources and Ideas
These are sorted by category.
- Canal Winchester, Gender Road Christian Church - https://genderroadcc.com/
Community Responses & Outreach
- Cambridge, First Christian Church - People Helping People of Guernsey County Facebook Group
Ideas for Staying Connected
- Cincinnati, Carthage Christian Church
- Mailing Postcards
- Taping Photos of Church Members & Frequest Guests to the Church Pews (with permission of the person in the photo.)
- Elyria, Washington Avenue Christian Church
- They have created a page on their website as a hub for information about their virtual worship and ways to stay connected - https://www.waccelyria.org/online/
- Findlay, First Christian Church
- They are doing a “virtual” coffee hour every Wednesday at 7:00pm where church members using Zoom, can video chat with one another or “call-in” and talk with one another for support.
Several of our Congregations have started accepting online giving for their offering. Here are the resources that have been identified to us so far:
- EasyTithe - https://www.easytithe.com/
- Givelify - https://www.givelify.com/
The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) General Office also has a page of resources that it being regularly updated at https://disciples.org/dns/disciples-and-covid-19/
- Clergy Resources Updated 11-2020 - https://disciples.org/dns/disciples-and-covid-19/clergy-resources/
From the Insurance Board (October 2020)
We created a COVID-19 training video for ministries to provide guidance as churches re-open and hold in person services. Rev. Hord Owens makes the introduction to the video training, “Re-Opening During COVID-19: Considerations for Church Leadership and Clergy”. We also made a companion video for ministry staff. Heather Kimmel, General Counsel at United Church of Christ, and Dean Rocco, Partner at Wilson Elser law firm, tackle the liability considerations, Rev. Joyce Lieberman, Executive and Stated Clerk of Synod of South Atlantic PC(USA), is also featured with providing input. We partnered with a company that offers online courses so we could use their platform to help church administers assign and track the training, and the platform issues certificate of completion which can potentially reduce liability risk by not only providing education but also documentation that the ministry took part in COVID-19 training.
Information and resources concerning the
CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program for Congregations:
To add your congregation to these pages, please email any links to online services or available resources to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add them to this page.