“I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing.” – John 15:5 NRSV
As Disciples, we all benefit from the fruit, the gifts, of our general ministries. These fruits are made possible only through the connections and support that grow in collaboration with our regions and congregations. This Easter, let us reflect on the transformative ways that we have been impacted by those ministries, and by the fruits of our shared work.
Our general ministries provide other critical resources to Disciples congregations, like stewardship campaign materials, loans and financial services, and space for community building around shared values and traditions.
Our ministries can bear these fruits because of our shared root system. We are rooted in Christ. As one branch of our vine grows, we can share more fruit with more people, from our doorsteps to the ends of the earth.
General Ministries that receive support from the Easter Offering include:
- Center for Faith and Giving
- Central Pastoral Office for Hispanic Ministries (Obra Hispana)
- Communication Ministries
- Council on Christian Unity
- Disciples of Christ Historical Society
- Disciples Home Missions
- Disciples Women
- Division of Overseas Ministries (Global Ministries)
- Higher Education and Leadership Ministries
- Hope Partnership for Missional Transformation
- National Benevolent Association
- National Convocation
- North American Pacific / Asian Disciples
- Treasury Services